Inspired by the #womenled campaign from our friends at The Women’s Chapter, we want to encourage women in Surrey to support all of the fantastic local shopkeepers that are founded or lead by women. Women truly are the driving force of the UK economy, with female founded businesses adding over £3 billion to the UK’s bottom line over the past year.
This roundup is perfect for anyone on the lookout for cool, practical or useful gifts for kids. There’s a lot of plastic, mass produced tat out there so keep on reading if you want our suggestions for 5 gifts for kids that you’ll actually want to buy…
1. The Luggy Basket is a firm favourite for toddlers and parents alike. Incredibly well made, this will be used for years to come. Shop it on decobaby now…
2. Sunnylife is an ultra-cool lifestyle brand from Australia and lucky for you Claire from Two Ducks in Woking has managed to get her hands on their fun and brightly coloured yoyo’s for kids. Costing less than a fiver, head on over to her shop before they’re all gone!
3. Soft and snuggly Emile et Ida cat print socks, these are the perfect gift for any nieces, nephews, godchildren, etc. Pick up a pair on Lily & Fred, an online boutique stocked full of gorgeous clothes and gifts for kids that was started by Cobham mum of four, Laura Hollinger.
4. Women of NASA LEGO set – this recently launched collection became an Amazon #1 bestseller in less than a week. The set, which a female journalist pitched to Lego, features four famous women from the US space agency who are scientists, engineers, astronauts, and entrepreneurs. The perfect gift for boys and girls alike, the set is available to buy on Amazon – which we know isn’t local or female owned but promoting trailblazing women in STEM and technology is awesome so give us a pass 😉
5. Personalised Christmas decorations from Jayne Redmond will bring a touch of quintessentially British charm to your Christmas decorations and are the perfect present to celebrate baby’s first Christmas. Available in-store at Harrods until 17th December.
If you’re still in need of more #giftspo come along to one of the she.space Shopkeepers Week events taking place from 7th December – 14th December. And don’t forget to book your ticket to our Merry & Bright Christmas party! Free fizz, fantastic shopping and a chance to catch up with the lovely ladies of she.space before the Christmas holidays.